Ways To Celebrate!
1. Adopt a Mutt from your
local shelter or rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer
to walk a Mutt or play with a Mutt, clean cages or anything else they need
2. Are you prepared for a new Mutt? Make sure you have all the
items necessary when bringing a new mutt home.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Offer to walk the MUTT of an elderly neighbor.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy
Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
6. Buy some all natural, organic dog shampoo and give that Mutt a bath!
7. Have a National MUTT Day party and invite all your friends and their
8. Join our
Facebook page and post pics of your Mutt for the world to ooh and ahh
9. Order your collectible National Mutt Day tee
10. Take your friendly Mutt to visit an elderly home.
11. Have a
of your Mutt
to suspend the fleeting magic of muttdom.
12. Buy your Mutt a fun new dog toy.
13. Give your Mutt some fun, mutt-needed exercise by taking him or
her to a doggy daycare.
15. Brush your Mutt to reduce shedding and mutted fur.
16. Give your Mutt a massage or holistic spa treatment.
17. Get your Mutt some leash training lessons.
18. Buy your Mutt a cute new outfit or fashionable collar and
19. Take your Mutt to the dog park for a romp.
20. Take your Mutt to the beach.
21. Throw out all your chemical cleaners and purchase non-toxic cleaners
for your home to help keep your Mutt cancer-free!
22. Mutt-proof your home and yard.
23. Buy your Mutt a new raincoat.
24. Install a car safety harness to keep your Mutt safe during
25. If you haven't already, switch to a holistic brand of dog food to
keep your Mutt healthy.
26. Hire a pet photographer to capture your Mutt's life moments.
27. Pamper your Mutt with a massage.
28. Buy your Mutt a comfy new bed.
29. Take your Mutt on a pet friendly vacation.
30. Buy your Mutt a new luxury dog bed!
31. Create a
Facebook page for your Mutt
to share photos and stories for friends and family.
32. Have a custom Dog House built for your Mutt.
33. Buy a dog gate to keep your Mutt out of hazardous areas of the
34. Mutt-proof your pool to prevent the risk of drowning.
35. Buy a canine first aid kit and put it in your car in case of injury
while away from home.
36. Microchip & I.D. Tag your Mutt so the shelter can locate you if
he/she gets lost.
37. Make sure your Mutt has all vaccines and a regular health exam.
38. Read to your Mutt!
39. Switch to filtered water only from now on, to prevent illnesses
related to toxins in normal water supplies.
40. Teach your children and their friends to be kind to your Mutt
by never pulling on his ears or tail.
41. Pledge to
every day for proper health and behavior management.
42. Teach your Mutt some obedience skills.
43. Get your Mutt certified as a therapy dog.
44. If you like your little Mutt to snuggle in bed with you, buy
him some doggie steps to make it easy for him to join you.
45. Buy your Mutt a designer crate that fits with your interior
46. Make your home pet friendly by choosing pet friendly fabrics that
hold up to your Mutt's wear and tear.
47. Install a fence around your unfenced yard so your Mutt can run
and enjoy some freedom at home.
48. Pledge to never chain your Mutt to a tree or doghouse. Always
include your Mutt in your family by letting him live inside the home with
49. Carpet any stairs you may have to reduce risk of injury to your Mutt
by slipping and falling.
50. And last but not least - pledge to never yell at or hit your
Mutt...to be patient and kind and give your Mutt lots of love and praise